BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT — Clients should refrain from getting a facial if they’ve gotten filler or Botox within two weeks prior to the facial.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT — Wear SPF daily. If more intensive extractions were done during the facial expect at least 3 days of potential redness and swelling.
LASH LIFT CARE INSTRUCTION
What is a Lash Lift?
A lash lift is the process of restructuring your natural lashes to lift them and make them appear more full using a mild perming solution designed for the eye area.
How long does it last?
Typically it lasts about 4 to 6 weeks. To adhere to longer results you must follow the after care instructions.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Avoid curling your eyelashes
- Avoid wearing mascara for at least 24 hrs prior to you appointment
- Avoid wearing eye makeup to the appointment
- Make sure to remove your contact lenses
- Be gentle with your lashes - NO rubbing
- Avoid getting your lashes wet for 24 hrs
- Avoid going to a sauna or steam for 24 hrs
- NO eye makeup for 24hrs (eventually you will have to wash it off but you should not wet your lashes)
- Avoid using a lash curler
It is very important to not get lashes wet for at least 24 hrs after the treatment. This is because the lash's pH Level is returning to normal in the first few hours after the lift. Getting them wet, or applying mascara, or other substances can weigh down your lashes and may lessen the lift of the treatment.
BROW LAMINATION CARE INSTRUCTIONS
What is a Brow Lamination?
A brow lamination is the process of lifting your brows to make them appear fuller and more uniform using a mild perming solution designed for use around the eye area.
How long does it last?
Results can last 4-6 weeks.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Avoid using any exfoliants on the skin
- Avoid using any makeup on your brows
- Avoid getting your brows wet for 24 hrs (some say 48 hrs I will leave it to you)
- Avoid applying makeup on your brows for 24 hrs
Avoid applying Retinoids, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or exfoliate around the brow area for 72 hours after the appointment.
- Avoid going to a sauna or steam for 24 hrs
MICROBLADING CARE INSTRUCTIONS
What is microblading?
Microblading is a form of cosmetic tattooing. It is the process of applying tiny, individual hair-like strokes, following the directional growth of natural eyebrow hair, to create a semi-permanent tattoo that looks more realistic.
This tattoo is made with a hand tool and not a machine, creating a soft effect that can eventually partially or fully grow out over time. Pigment is deposited in a more shallow fashion than conventional tattooing.
How long does it last?
This is a semi permanent process. It will fade over time, to varying degrees. A touch up or refresh appointment is recommended at least once every year to keep brows looking their best. Please check our pricing page for the most current touch up cost for regular clients.
*We also offer A 6 month touch-up at a discounted rate: https://shen-beauty.com/pages/beauty-services#microblading
What’s included in the appointment?
Each appointment includes 2 sessions, each appointment should be booked between 4-6 weeks. The 2nd appointment needs to be booked no sooner or later than 6-8 weeks. It’s essential for the 2nd appointment to fully complete the brows. After the first appointment, you should have 40% retention, this is why the second appointment is important. The 2nd session is the perfecting session, this will ensure the brows look more complete and natural, especially with Josh’s specific technique.
For more information please take a look at our most frequently asked questions below
This procedure is not for you if:
- You are using ACCUTANE.
- If you have very oily skin and/or very large pores on your forehead the hair stroke pigment may be rejected or it may heal very powdery and fuzzy with loss of detail and may need a frequent touch up.
- If you are very tan or sun-damaged
- If your skin is very delicate, fragile, sensitive or problematic. The older we get the more fragile and thin our skin gets. People aged 70 or over may not have the most ideal results, and may experience loss of detail, discoloration, or additional blurring
- Are pregnant or nursing please consult your physician.
- Are allergic to Lidocaine, we won’t be able to numb you.
- Are highly prone to scarring or keloids
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Please take a break from glycolic, salicylic acid, and retinol/tretinoin/vitamin A derivative products at least 2 weeks before to your microblading session for best results.
- Any treatments such as lasers, peels, waxing, botox etc. should take place 2 weeks prior. But there are exceptions.
AFTERCARE: In the next 10 days
Please read all aftercare instructions on this page to make sure you can commit to this brow journey, especially the first 5 days. How you take care of your brows greatly affects the healed outcome.
- You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid using any harsh soaps, shampoos, or water on them as this can be detrimental to the bonding process.
- Avoid picking or scratching the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.**
- Avoid applying make-up to the microbladed area for the first 5 days. Doing so can interfere with the healing and color.
- You should use Aquaphor or Dr Rogers healing balm during the healing process
- Avoid tinting or bleaching the microbladed area for one month after the procedure.
- Avoid applying any Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid or lightening creams such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing
- Avoid using Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
- Avoid threading, waxing, or any form of hair removal products on the treated area.
- Avoid staying in the sun for long, swimming pools, jacuzzis, or saunas for 5 days.
- Keep your brow as dry as possible; doing so will help them retain more detailed and refined strokes.
- Keep the area clean, pat dry with a cloth, paper towel, or a cleansing wipe around the brows
- Avoid applying any makeup or skincare products on your brows for at least 5 days.**
- No heavy exercising or sweating for at least 5 days post procedure. Or wear a headband to catch the perspiration.
After 10 days you may wash your face normally, including your brows with a gentle face wash. i.e: Tammy Fender, Pai, Dr Rogers
WHAT TO EXPECT—
- Immediately following your procedure, the microbladed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color, more sharply defined or even have a more filled in appearance. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort and minimal redness.
- During the initial healing period, there may be scabbing, flaking or peeling of the skin. If that happens, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own. This is very important! If scabs come off prematurely, the pigment will come out with it!
- The complete healing process takes about 4-6 weeks, at which time the true color of the microbladed area is evident. During this process, your microbladed area will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating.
MICROBLADED BROWS GO THROUGH MANY PHASES WHILE HEALING! This is a two-step process. Brows look finished after the 2nd appointment; a follow-up appointment needs to be made within 6-8 weeks
Day 1 - finely detailed, slight redness
Day 2-4 - They become darker and more filled in looking as they form a light protective layer or scab. This is only temporary- don't panic!
Day 5-12- the protective layer naturally exfoliates, peels and flakes away over the course of several days as your skin heals underneath it. The freshly healed skin is white and has a waxy coating, making it appear that the brows are too light. Be patient!
Day 10-30 - After 10 days you may use brow makeup very gently if you need it. The color will slowly come back to life and bloom back to the surface as that new, white skin settles in and heals. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the true color, as it will take on new strength, and it is only after 4 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done. Your second appointment is to tighten up your shape, touch up any light spots and also to assess how your skin reacts to the process, and the chosen color. We note everyone’s pigment blend, in case we need to layer in a different shade or adjust the method for the best results
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, we recommend applying sunscreen daily on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection.
- Glycolic acid, retinol, AHA's, anti-aging lotions and serums, microdermabrasion, chemical face peels and laser treatments must be kept away from the microbladed area as continued use could lighten or discolor the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your microbladed brows have healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your discretion. (Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the microbladed area)
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 6-8 weeks later. It takes about 4 weeks for the brow area’s skin cells to completely regenerate and settle in.
DO RESULTS VARY?
Yes - color retention and overall results are different for each individual. Factors such as sun exposure, skin type, aftercare, lifestyle and skin tone determine how your brows heal.
OILY SKIN - tends to 'push out' the ink quicker, and may need more frequent touch ups and heal extra powdery.
The ultimate goal is to have natural looking, balanced brows.
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE LOOK OF FRESH AND HEALED BROWS?
Yes, hair strokes appear crisp and exaggerated at first, and brows will be dark for a few days after each treatment. As the brows heal, the lines will slightly expand and are lighter, slightly fuzzy, and softer looking. As the color settles into the skin it tends to heal a bit cooler than when first applied, but for clients with warmer toned hair we can adjust the ink color to match.
DO I NEED TO REMOVE MY NATURAL BROW HAIR TO GET THIS DONE?
No! Please don’t! This technique looks best when there’s natural hair in place. It creates a more realistic look when layered with the texture of your own hair.
If you are over 70 years old, effects are far more fuzzy and powdery, due to the reduced elasticity and low collagen in the skin and results are unpredictable
WHY TWO SESSIONS?
*1st Appointment - "FOUNDATION SESSION” - Brow mapping and collaborating on the perfect shape according to your facial features, desired thickness and desired ‘look'. Application of a natural hair stroke pattern. Strokes are applied by hand with a single-use disposable tool and the area is numbed for minimal pain. Brows are quite dark for the first week and soften as they heal over the next month. Everyone’s skin is different, some people will retain a lot of color, others will heal very light or patchy. This appointment is not meant to heal perfectly. This appointment takes approx. 2 hours total
*2nd Appointment - Recommended 4-6 weeks later - to touch up any light spots, build additional texture, add hair strokes or tweak and perfect the shape. This session usually takes approx. 1.5 hours.
Some people may need more than two sessions to achieve their desired brow look